85 Square Building / Bogota
- Type of Service: Architecture and Interior Design
- Category: Commercial / Hotel
- Address: Calle 85 # 12-56
- Location: Bogota, Colombia
- Client: Icono Urbano
- Design Manager: Rodrigo Samper
- Project Manager: Paola Vergara
- Architects: Macarena Almagro, Julián Molina
- Intervention Area: 3,200 m2
- Scope: Architectural Design, Façade, and Interior Design
- Project Duration: In process
- Completion Date: In process
General Project Description
85 Square is promoted by the company Icono Urbano, in conjunction with a group of investors that decided to undertake an innovative project in Bogota’s 85th Street [Calle 85] sector, which integrates hotel services, offices, commercial stores, and public spaces.
The design is based on the concept of “being cosmopolitan” and that of art as the essence of “being innovative,” which ultimately means to always be at the avant-garde of society, technology, trends, and art. For this reason, our proposal is daring in terms of architectural image as we present a clean-cut façade with diagonal elements that enhance its proportions and define its personality, making the building an icon of the sector. The entrance displays a sculpture of hands holding the building, which invite passersby to visit the cultural terrace, where the experience goes beyond the space, as it integrates art with urban life. This small square combines a variety of services, such as cafés, itinerant exhibitions, restaurants, and commercial stores.