Tender for Senior Adults Housing
- Type of Service: Architecture
- Category: Institutional
- Address: El Lago estate, El Alcor
- Location: Chia, Colombia
- Client: Private
- Design Manager: Rodrigo Samper
- Project Manager: Paola Vergara
- Architects: Gina Salamanca, Macarena Almagro, Lucas Nieto, Andres Moyano
- Intervention Area: 16.800 m2
- Scope: Urban, architectural, and interior design
- Project Duration: In process
- Completion Date: In process
General Project Description
The private request for tenders stems from the initiative of a group of investors interested in creating a differentiating and innovative project in Chia. It is primarily intended for senior adults that are seeking for a place where they may have all the comforts of a home, combined with the services provided by a hotel, plus the benefit of being surrounded by natural landscapes, away from the city.
The design is conceived so as to make the most of the site’s natural conditions, its topography, and the existing artificial lake. It integrates architecture with vegetation in order to generate a social life along the exterior pathways, which in conjunction with the landscaping, connect with and characterize each and all the landscape sights. Like a periscope, all architectural components are oriented toward the landscape, allowing for private villas to have a full view of the natural surroundings, and are identifiable by their expressive shapes, which emerge from the natural context. As for the social spaces, these are implemented around the Old House [Antigua Casa] with the purpose of making the most of the existing infrastructure and integrating the new program planning it requires.